Thursday, April 9, 2009

Meet Your Red Licorice Team: Eli Cohen


Eli Cohen
Event Development Director

Greetings RLE Faithful!

My name is Eli Cohen and I'm your Event Development Director. What exactly is it that I do? Well, if I told you, I'd probably have to kill you... totally kidding! All joking aside, while my role with RLE is "complicated," my mission is simple: to inspire, educate, and motivate you to enjoy a lifetime of endurance adventure!


I enjoyed great success running track and cross country in high school, but in 2000, I tore my ACL two weeks before the regional XC championships. Never quite returning to full speed, I hung up my running shoes as I headed off to college. Five years later, I broke my foot which actually proved to be a blessing in disguise. While rehabbing the injury, I also worked on strengthening the knee. The road back wasn't the easiest, but after a lot of hard work, dedication, and determination, I emerged from the endurance athlete's underworld as the serious (or perhaps insane) athlete you know and love today. I dabble in a little bit of everything from 5K to marathon, kayak and adventure racing, and triathlon. My passion is staring adversity in the eye and pushing my body to limits I never knew existed - there's truly no greater feeling!

I encourage you to join me on race day and participate in all aspects of the Sweet & Twisted experience whether competing, volunteering, or supporting other athletes. While I'll be coaching numerous clinics this spring/summer, if there's only one thing I want you to remember, it's to HAVE FUN! This is something I all too often forget, but RLE, its athletes, and events remind me that this is why I do what I do. I'll leave you with this: I live but by one motto, and if you've put in the countless hours and early mornings of training and preparation, then on race day there's only one thing to do... GO BIG!!!

At 5'3", I appear short and sweet, but trust me, I've always got a card up my sleeve! TWISTED for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment