Friday, May 8, 2009

Meet Your Red Licorice Team: Chris Day


Chris Day
Rest Stop Manager

I didn't know what to say when I was first asked if I was 'sweet or twisted'. The Jury is still out...

I am Chris Day at your service as the Water-Stop extraordinaire for Red Licorice Events. When I took this role I immediately began studying Adam Sandler in 'Water Boy'. I know my job is a little different than that, my goal is to provide everyone with 'Some high quality H2O..."


Growing up in Fayetteville Arkansas, endurance sports were not very popular or present. While I spent my time as a sprinter and on the soccer fields, I thought anything over 5k was for crazy folks. Well, I'm not sure that still isn't true but I've been bit by the same bug as those that I used to raise my eyebrows at. I began Triathlon 4 years ago as a way to stay in shape and with out being a 'Dragon Shirt wearing, Tribal Armband Tattooed, Spikey Haired, Metro Gym Rat'. I'd like to see those guys out on 360...


I have competed in several Sprint Distance and X-terra Triathlons as well as countless running races and adventure races. I completed my first Marathon this February and I begin my Tri season in May 10th as part of the Texas Tri Series that ends with the Longhorn Ironman 70:3 in October.


I'm President of the Young Execs of Austin, a non-profit networking group, and we're incorporating more wellness and activities in our programming. I am passionate about bridging the gap between business and fitness and excited to begin working with RLE.

The race-day events definitely make anyone's first or fiftieth race so much fun, you'll keep coming back for more.
I love being part of the RLE crew. Every meeting we have, I leave with soreness in my cheeks from smiling and laughing so much. I have so much fun at the events watching the accomplishments of an athlete's passion, discipline and dedication all come together. Hey, why else would I wake up at 2 am on a Saturday?!?

I can't wait to see you out on the course!

OK, I've given it some thought... I'm sweet for sure.

I'm still not sure about all you twisted people...

-CD

No comments:

Post a Comment