Thursday, April 15, 2010

Meet Adrian Barron


I am Adrian Barron, other wise known as the “Little Loud One” for those that know me and for obvious reasons. I am Austin born and Texas Bred, though I have lived outside Texas in the past for work.

I’m a lover of the outdoors and being active and living today for a better tomorrow. My life is shared with good people and 3 of the best dogs you’ll ever know.

I have been a mountain bike racer for many years. In 2003 I sustained a work related injury that landed me in a wheel chair for 9 months. After 2yrs of rehabilitation and slowly getting back into mountain bike racing I began wanting more and triathlon began to take hold. Triathlon just seems to draw we type “A’s” doesn’t it! Xterra was my obvious drug of choice and have been very blessed with a good coach (Brandon Marsh) to see me through some very good successful years.

Xterra is not all I race and I enjoy road tri’s and running events as well and of course the winter mountain bike racing.

We are all blessed in many different ways and should live life to its fullest. Not only should we work on our own life’s, but we should do what we can for others as well. Life is way to short waste.

Here are a few of my mantra’s that get me through my races and training days:

“Somebody else is doing this faster”
“I can do anything for 00:00:00) (you can fill in the time for the event)
“Pain/discomfort is temporary….quitting is forever”
“I wonder what my dogs are doing right now”
“Beer”
“Dad would be so proud”

See you all at the races!

No comments:

Post a Comment